Monday, May 30, 2011

Now even the browsers are PC


I went to renew my American Scientist subscription online, searching on

            www.americanscientist/subscribe.org

which is exactly the way the URL was given on my subscription label.  The following message displayed:

            Sorry, the term we received "www.americanscientist" couldn't be resolved.

The first suggested correction was:

            african american scientist inventors FAQ | AskKids.com

followed by

            names of african american scientist FAQ | AskKids.com

(the singular is presumably a typo)  and by

            Who Invented The Door Bell | Bloglines Answers

Oh yeh -- that’s probably what I meant.

Strictly, though, we can’t blame the browser (the semi-evil Firefox) for this.  For some reason, (the mostly evil) Verizon intervened here, unbidden, with its “helpful suggestions”.    I have always found these to be utterly brain-dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment