Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks


Doxology with lyrics:

Arabic:

Rumanian:

An Orthodox version in English:

Let the sheer notes say it:


~

We have just been notified by the FCC that those links could be interpreted as an endorsement of religion.   (Nothing could be further from my mind !)  They further point out that, legally, Thanksgiving is a purely secular holiday, and destined to become more secular yet (vide Alexandra Petri’s entertaining op-ed in this morning’s Post, revealing that the occasion is to be renamed “Black Friday Eve”).  Accordingly, I have been put on notice that, unless I rectify the balance, I am in danger of losing my official Blogger’s License (suitable for framing).

We apologize to anyone who might have been offended/miffed/p.o.’d/enraged/deranged  by the musical offerings above, and offer the following as an olive branch -- something more to the taste of our BFFs the atheists:


http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg5mh0_chuck-berry-live-1972-my-ding-a-ling-www-keepvid-com_music#rel-page-1

No comments:

Post a Comment